Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A budget appetizer to make, takes only minutes.
Make and share this Beer Cheese Bites recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Mix baking mix, cheese and beer until a soft dough form; beat vigorously 20 strokes.
- Gently smooth dough into ball on a floured cloth-covered surface.
- Knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, 16x10-inches.
- Cut into 2-inch squares; then cut diagonally into halves.
- Spread with melted margarine, sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Separate and place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake until browned, about 8 minutes.
We made these for a midnight snack and they were really quick and easy! The whole family loved them. We decided to add a three cheese blend with the plain cheddar cheese and it turned out great. We think they would be good with marinara sauce and we would like to try them with soup next time, like you suggested. Will make again. Thanks for posting a great recipe!
GREAT, easy snack to whip up!! Instead of using the seeds I used Garlic Salt and Pepper. Next time I think I am going to add fresh Parmesan cheese to the top as well!