Recipe by Barb in WNY
A budget appetizer to make, takes only minutes.
Top Review by PotatoLovingSisters
We made these for a midnight snack and they were really quick and easy! The whole family loved them. We decided to add a three cheese blend with the plain cheddar cheese and it turned out great. We think they would be good with marinara sauce and we would like to try them with soup next time, like you suggested. Will make again. Thanks for posting a great recipe!
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- sesame seeds or poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Mix baking mix, cheese and beer until a soft dough form; beat vigorously 20 strokes.
- Gently smooth dough into ball on a floured cloth-covered surface.
- Knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, 16x10-inches.
- Cut into 2-inch squares; then cut diagonally into halves.
- Spread with melted margarine, sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Separate and place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake until browned, about 8 minutes.