Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Turns bacon into sweet bacon jerky strips!
Make and share this Beer-Candied Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps beer (I used Dogfish Headâ s Chicory Stout)
- 2 tablespoons beer (I used Dogfish Headâ s Chicory Stout)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine brown sugar and beer in a small bowl, whisking well to form a thin syrup. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top. Place the pieces of bacon on top of the rack, overlapping if necessary. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush one side of the bacon with the beer syrup. Flip, and coat the other side with the syrup as well. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and repeat process another time or two more, until bacon is crispy and browned, and you’ve used all the glaze.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving.