Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The whole family loved this one. Great for a hot summer day.
- 4 lbs whole chickens
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 12 ounces beer, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat grill to medium.
- Remove giblets and neck from chicken; rinse and pat dry.
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture over chicken.
- Open beer and remove half.
- Place garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice and crushed pepper in beer can and pierce 2 holes in top of can.
- Place chicken cavity over beer can.
- Place chicken on grill balanced by the can.
- Cover and grill 1 to 1½ hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees in thigh.