Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe out of a magazine and have yet to try it, it sounds like a great rub to use prior to cooking the chicken
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1 (12 ounce) canof your favorite beer
- Brush chicken with olive oil.
- Rub chicken with the rub.
- Insert beer in cavity of chicken.
- Grill until chicken is done.
Very good. Loved the spice mixture. I let it marinate in the rub for a few days. Using the beer can method does produce a much more tender, juicy chicken. The only downside for me is that the skin doesn't get quite as crispy as if the chicken was in a normal roasting pan. I usually take the chicken off the beer can, and roast it breast side up for a few minutes. My kids complain if the skin isn't super crispy. Thanks for sharing this, we enjoyed it.