1/2 Photos of Beer Can Chicken in an Oven
Guava Girl's Note:
This recipe was adapted from many that call for the chicken to be cooked on a grill. This one is done in the oven. It turns out moist and tender. Very easy to do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 375.
- 2Wash and clean chicken inside and out.
- 3Place all dry ingredients on a paper plate or in a bowl. Mix all together.
- 4Rub dry 2/3's of the ingredients on the inside of the bird and 1/2 of the remaining on the outside.
- 5Open beer and drink half or set asside. Put the rest of the dry seasoning in the half a can of beer.
- 6Place the can right side up into the bird's butt.
- 7Stand the bird in a baking pan.
- 8Slather the bird's outside with the mayonaise.
- 9Place the chicken in the pre heated oven and bake for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 325 for 1/2 hour.
- 10Remove when nice and brown.
- 11Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- 12Use pan drippings to make gravy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Can Chicken in an Oven
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: