Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe was adapted from many that call for the chicken to be cooked on a grill. This one is done in the oven. It turns out moist and tender. Very easy to do.
- 1 chicken
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 beer
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Wash and clean chicken inside and out.
- Place all dry ingredients on a paper plate or in a bowl. Mix all together.
- Rub dry 2/3's of the ingredients on the inside of the bird and 1/2 of the remaining on the outside.
- Open beer and drink half or set asside. Put the rest of the dry seasoning in the half a can of beer.
- Place the can right side up into the bird's butt.
- Stand the bird in a baking pan.
- Slather the bird's outside with the mayonaise.
- Place the chicken in the pre heated oven and bake for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 325 for 1/2 hour.
- Remove when nice and brown.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- Use pan drippings to make gravy.
Super method! Great results.
Followed directions exactly. This was amazing! Flavorful, succulent, falling off the bone roast chicken. A definite keeper!
I followed this recipe substituting minced garlic for the granulated garlic. Cooking time was just over 2 hrs. The chicken turned out very moist and had a great flavor. Having never smeared mayonaise on a chicken I was surprised as the skin on the chicken turned out perfect. This is a keeper!