Recipe by txgammi
This sounds sooo good. Who would have thought of beer cake, much less in a slow cooker! Aren't recipe swaps terrific! Another recipe I'll be trying out this weekend.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg to creamy mixture alternately with beer.
- Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour mixture into well buttered and floured cake pan that will fit into cooker.
- Cover tin with four or five paper towels.
- Put into cooker.
- Put lid on cooker loosely to allow steam to escape.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or until cake is done.
- Remove pan from cooker and allow cake to cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Frost if desired.