Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Chile Pepper magazine. Good on steaks, ribs, pork roast and of course, beer can chicken.
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried summer savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely ground sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle on whatever you want to grill and allow to dry marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Store any unused rub in an airtight container.
I have used this rub for many years after finding it in Chile Pepper Magazine. It is great on a lot of meats but I like it best on chickn. I triple the recipe, put all the ingredients in a jar and shake. This way I always have some on hand when I need it.