Recipe by MelinOhio
These are really good and a slice of cheddar cheese tops them off. Great grilling. I got this recipe out of a newspaper about 20 years ago and haven't seen anything like it since.
Top Review by Chef Lex
My husband and I loved it. The only thing is that I did not put enough salt and pepper, I say more then just 1 dash could be better. It was a litter hard to cook because of the beer. But I will be making this again.
- 2 slices day old rye bread
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crust from bread and break in small pieces.
- Pour beer over bread and let stand a few minutes.
- In large bowl mix beef and onions, bread and seasonings.
- Mix lightly, but throughly. Form into 8 patties and refrigerate one hour or more to let flavors blend.
- Grill over hot coals.