Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these for so long, I cannot remember where this recipe came from. They are wonderful with soups and stews. I also like that it's not a bread you have to cut!
- Blend all ingredients with a fork.
- DO NOT beat.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In 12 muffin cups put a dab of solid shortening.
- Place in oven for shortening to melt.
- When melted, remove muffin pan from oven and swirl the melted shortening in the cups.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls (about half full) into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
it doesn't get much easier than this recipe, and the yield was a dozen light buns in no time at all. this is a keeper!
I made these yesterday for breakfast and they were good! I put Chicken Heart Gravy over them and it was sooo good. You wouldn't even know the beer was in them. When I was making the batter I beat the egg in a cup and added the beer to it and beat it again and then added that to the Bisquick. It was easier to mix that way.
Thanks for a great recipe! I used stout as I did not have beer and they came out with a nutty sort of molasses flavour which was quite delicious. Though I did spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups, I would have done better to get 9 bigger breads instead of the 12 smaller ones.