1/2 Photos of Beer Brisket
8 hrs 45 mins
My dad gave me the basics for this recipe. You can use whatever kind of beer you like. Just don't leave it out. The beer is what tenderizes the meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 225 degrees.
- 2Tear off a sheet of heavy-duty foil twice the length of roasting pan (a disposable pan works well).
- 3Line the roasting pan with the foil, centered, folding the sides and ends up.
- 4Place the brisket in the center of the foil.
- 5Sprinkle a liberal amount of garlic powder, pepper, and seasoned salt over the brisket.
- 6Scatter the onion chunks over the brisket.
- 7Pour beer over all, making sure that everything is contained within the foil.
- 8Seal foil. Fold the sides up first, then the top. Place in 225 degree oven for about 8 hours.
- 9Remove from oven, but do not turn oven off. Open foil. Pour off & discard beer. Discard onions if desired.
- 10Pour barbecue sauce over top of brisket.
- 11Reseal. Return to oven for 30 minutes.
- 12Remove roasting pan from oven. Allow brisket to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 281.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g