Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
the brine makes the meat juicy and tender, the grill cooks it real fast
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dark lager beer
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mild-flavored light molasses
- 1 cup ice cube
- 6 center-cut pork chops, 1 to 1 1/4 inch-thick
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- heat the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a simmer, remove from heat pour into a large bowl, add ice cubes, cool.
- add pork chops and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- heat grill to med hi.
- brush oil on pork shops, season with garlic and pepper to taste.
- grill 12-14 mins/side until internal temperature reaches 160.
Good pork chops that were very tender with a great flavor but I felt that they needed a bit of a kick -- maybe a bit of tabasco. Thanks Chia for sharing this very-easy-to-follow recipe.
I scaled this for 2 chops, made the brine at 9A.M. & fired up the barbie at 6P.M. They weren't the most tender chops I've eaten, possibly because my husband overcooked them (I wasn't watching him). The taste was excellent - love that garlic flavour. Thanx Chia!
Best pork chops ever. I didn't have molasses, so I used honey.