Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The brining makes the pork chops so tender and delicious.
- 4 pork chops (1-1/4-inch thick, about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 (341 ml) bottle beer
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a deep dish, combine the beer, water, salt & sugar, then add the onions. Submerge the pork chops in the brine then cover and refrigerate. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Dry Rub: In a bowl, thoroughly combine the dry rub spices, then set aside.
- Take the dish out of the fridge one hour prior to cooking.
- Heat a greased grill pan on medium heat. Remove pork chops from brine then pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice blend onto both sides of the chops.
- Place seasoned chops to grill and cook until the juices run clear when pork pierced, about 5 minutes per side.
I'm sorry,but I followed directions and got tough,
So tender and flavourful.