I found this recipe on Epicurious several years ago, it always satisfies. A little extra work is SOOO worth it in the end. Use a dark lager and get the good thick chops. Yummm-O Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dark lager beer
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mild-flavored molasses (light)
- 1 cup ice cube
- 6 center-cut pork chops, 1-1/4-inch thick
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1Combine 2 cups water, beer, 1/4 cup coarse salt, sugar, and molasses in large bowl.
- 2Stir until salt and sugar dissolve.
- 3Stir in ice.
- 4Place pork chops in large resealable plastic bag.
- 5Pour beer brine over pork chops; seal bag.
- 6Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 7Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove pork chops from beer brine; pat dry.
- 8Mix garlic, pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and sage in small bowl.
- 9Rub garlic mixture over both sides of pork chops.
- 10Grill pork chops until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chops registers 145°F to 150°F, about 10 minutes per side, occasionally moving chops to cooler part of rack if burning.
- 11Transfer chops to platter; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-Brined Grilled Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 8328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 35.9 g