Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moist pork chops soaked in a beer brine then grilled. The cooking time does not include 4hr-overnight marinating time. (Recipe courtesy of foodfit.com)
- Combine the water, beer, salt, brown sugar and molasses in a large bowl. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Stir in the ice.
- Place the pork chops in large resealable plastic bag. Pour beer brine over the pork chops and seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, black pepper and sage.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and rub them with the garlic mixture.
- Grill the pork chops for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until they are cooked through.
- Transfer the chops to a platter and let them rest for a minute or two before serving.
These were so juicy and flavorful. I ended up using maple syrup instead of molasses and thyme instead of sage in the final garlic rub but it worked out really well. My husband loved them and so did I! Thanks for a delicious brine and the great idea of a final rub before cooking.
WOWWW! this was sooo yummy! TOTAL man pleaser too! used my stand by budweiser for the beer and didnt change a thing! except i DONT KNOW WHY but only used 2 pork chops instead of 4!!! please use all four!! mixed up the seasoning and the boyfriend forgot about it and used old bay. i personally didn't mind it but wanna make em again SOON so we can use your seasoning! it smells soo good just by itself! THANKS FOR A WONDERFUL chop brine!! the way to do it!!
This was so good! I made it gluten free by subbing Redbridge sorghum beer then marinated for 8 hours. It's still not grilling season, either, so the broiler was put to very good use! I will definitely make this again!