Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good for brining roasts and especially foods you like to barbecue, like ribs.
Make and share this Beer Brine recipe from Food.com.
- Place peppercorns, thyme, bay, garlic, water, salt, and brown sugar in a saucepan,.
- and heat to a boil, stirring until salt and brown sugar dissolves and mixture becomes.
- mostly clear.
- Remove from heat and stir beer. Allow to cool.
- Pour mixture over selected meat (chicken, pork, turkey, etc) in a food safe container or plastic bag, ensuring that meat is covered (make more brine if needed).
- Refrigerate meat and allow to brine for about 12 hours.
- Then remove meat from brine and pat dry, afterwards cooking as desired.
Excellent Beer-Based chicken Brine. I heated the water to a boil FIRST, then stirred in the Sugar and Salt only, as these would be the only two Dissolve-ables. After they were dissolved, then I stirred in the remaining ingredients and Beer. It was excellent on simple, grilled chicken breast. Made it much more tender than actual TENDERS! No more dry chicken!