1/1 Photo of Beer Bread Mix (with Gift Tag Directions)
This is beer bread with some character. Mix it up for dinner or layer ingedients in a jar for gift-giving. From a Holiday Cooking issue of Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1Stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 2Place with remaining ingredients in jar, layering if bottle is clear.
- 3GIFT TAG DIRECTIONS: Place jar contents in a medium mixing bowl.
- 4Stir in one 12-oz.
- 5can or bottle of beer just until combined.
- 6Pour into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- 7Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent overbrowning.
- 9Remove from oven and brush with butter, if desired.
- 10Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- 11Serve warm or cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Bread Mix (with Gift Tag Directions)
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 224.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g