Recipe by wildheart
For variety, add a tablespoon caraway seeds to this mix, or add 1 cup grated cheese when you add the beer. If you're really daring, add the cheese AND the seeds! This bread can also be baked as drop biscuits, just bake 12 minutes at 400°F.
Top Review by alanamarie
Easy and delicious! This recipe was super simple to make! I divided the dough in half and added shredded sharp cheddar to one half and the cheddar PLUS caraway seeds to the other half. Both batches were delicious! I made 4 mini loaves plus some drop biscuits. (Adjust the cooking time accordingly for minis, check after about 40 mins.)Got rave reviews from everyone that ate it...my family, neighbors and my parents! I will definately make this again and soon, my husband looks for it every day when he gets home from work! First thing he asks is, "did you have time to make that beer bread today?" even before he says "hello". :o)
- 6 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 ounces beer (NOT Bud or Miller Lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together.
- Decide on 2 containers: ziploc bags, quart jars, storage containers, etc.
- Put 3 cups plus 4 tablespoons mix in each container.
- To bake, mix 1 container mix with 1 12 ounce beer- NOT BUD or MILLER LITE.
- Put in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours.
- If bread sounds hollow when thumped on bottom, its done.
- To bake in two smaller loaves, bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.