1/69 Photos of Beer Bread
1 hr 3 mins
Gerald Norman's Note:
Per Google.com, the #1 recipe for Beer Bread in the world! There are a few recipes for beer bread out there, but none as simple (and tasty!) as this one. You can even mix it in the baking pan for easy cleanup. This is sensational when served with soups or just as a snack, but don't expect it to be around very long when your family gets a taste of it! Be sure to use a sheet pan on the shelf below the pan to catch any excess butter that may drip during cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix dry ingredients and beer.
- 3Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- 4Pour melted butter over mixture.
- 5Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- 6UPDATED NOTES: This recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust (like a traditional bread) mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
- 7Sifting flour for bread recipes is a must-do. Most people just scoop the 1 cup measure in the flour canister and level it off. That compacts the flour and will turn your bread into a "hard biscuit" as some have described. That's because they aren't sifting their flour! If you do not have a sifter, use a spoon to spoon the flour into the 1 cup measure. Try it once the "correct" way and you will see an amazing difference in the end product.
- 8I have had many email from you kind folks about using non-alcoholic beverages instead of beer. That is fine to do but I highly recommend adding a packet of Dry Active Yeast or 2 teaspoons of Bread (Machine) Yeast so that you get a proper rise.
- 9The final result should be a thick, hearty and very tasteful bread, NOT A BRICK! ;).
- 10Thank you all for the incredibly nice comments and those of you who left a bad review - learn to sift sift SIFT! You will be amazed at the results you get.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 707.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g