Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I haven't made it yet but I have edited it based on the reviewers suggestions. Please let me know how it works out.
- Grease 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Combine flour with beer and sugar in large bowl.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350f for 45 min or until browned and a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Turn out on cooling rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Didn't turn out well...I could taste the baking powder. Too bad, it was a cinch to make!
I have to agree with Lesa this isn't very good and it is a shame because the whole deal only took about 5 minutes to prepare. Mine (I used whole wheat flour instead) came out awfully salty :-( and like a brick ;-)
We love, love, love this recipe! I can't understand why people would make this from a box when the made-from-scratch version is so much better (and cheaper!).