Recipe by Chef Dula
This is a heavy bread really good with soups of any kind.We like to try different beers, cherry wheat is really good. I first found this recipe on a cooking show then changed it to make it my own. I did a cooking demo for the ladies in my church and I was asked to not use beer, a long time cook told me to try clear pop (ginger ale, 7 up etc) what a great find! Toasted it is really good!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, if using beer, if using soda 1/4 cup
- 12 ounces beer or 12 ounces soda water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray your loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In med size bowl, combine flour, sugar & beer or pop; stir well. The mixture will be sticky. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- When golden brown, remove from oven and brush with melted butter.