Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Awesome bread treat (everyone loves this except for my husband, who hates beer!).
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup of melted real butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with butter /or nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan then pour butter on top and bake for 1 hour.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- *Or you may substitute with 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- *(Use your favorite beer or brand type will affect taste!).
Amazing recipe!! So easy!!! I added flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds. This is a keeper
I subbed 1 cup whole wheat flour and used an apple ale (I had cooked a pork loin glazed with the ale and had extra). This made a sweet, rustic bread without that "beer taste".
This is a great recipe! I used 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of butter on top. It's fantastic with blueberry beer! I used cold beer and it turned out just fine.