Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Awesome bread treat (everyone loves this except for my husband, who hates beer!).
Make and share this Beer Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup of melted real butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with butter /or nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan then pour butter on top and bake for 1 hour.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- *Or you may substitute with 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- *(Use your favorite beer or brand type will affect taste!).
This is a great recipe! I used 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of butter on top. It's fantastic with blueberry beer! I used cold beer and it turned out just fine.
My Mom has been making this bread for as long as I can remember -- it's one of our family's most requested dishes. My Dad and I have been known to fight over the heel of the loaf (I know, there are two, but still...) Mom just uses Old Milwaukee beer because that's what Dad drinks, but DH wants me to try making bread with different "gourmet" beers, like berry weiss, etc. What's funny is, I can't stand beer, but I love this bread. A real classic, thanks so much for sharing.
After several attempts at this recipe I adjusted it some. Make sure beer is not a light beer, have beer at room tempature, decrease butter to 1/4 cup (it does not have to be melted...just dot top with chucks) and increase sugar to 1/2 cup. I bake at 350 and use the self-raising flour. My family and friends love it. Also, toasts well.