Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to make bread that is heavy and very tasty. Try diffrent beer to alter the taste.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer, at room temperature,use whatever beer you like
- Beat all ingredients untill well blended.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, smooth with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 min at 350.
Easy to make, baked in 40 minutes. Used a Belgian dark beer called Kasteel. The bread was indeed a bit heavy and unfortunately rather bland. It is a good bread but if I compare it to other beer breads found on this site it is not something that stands out. Very pleased I tried it though. Thanks for posting.