These are simmered until the beer is reduced turning into a thick yummy syrup, coating the bratwursts. These are tender and juicy and very delicious.
- Pour 2 (12 ounce) bottle of beer in a 3 qt pot.
- Add butter to melt.
- Let it get hot first and add the bratwurst and sliced onions inches Cook, simmering the beer and turning the brats every 10 minutes for about 30 to 45 minutes (use your own judgment).
- Let the beer evaporate and reduce it until it is syrupy and to where it looks like it is coating the bratwurst well.
- Prepare the hot dog buns on a warm plate.
- When beer syrup is thick and reduced then make sure to coat bratwurst with the syrup well by turning and stirring and then with tongs, take them out and place them in the bun.
- Add some sauerkraut and eat!