Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, yet flavorful bratwurst simmered in beer then seared in the skillet with onions and peppers.
- 6 bratwursts
- 680.38 g beer
- 1-2 onion, sliced thinly
- hot pepper (I used jarred Thai chiles sliced, but any hot pepper will do, to taste)
- 4.92-9.85 ml olive oil
- hot dog bun
- Pour beer in large pot and bring to strong simmer. Pierce brats multiple times. Place in simmering beer. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in skillet and saute onions until done. Stir in peppers.
- Remove brats from simmering pot and add to skillet with onions. Brown slightly, about 2-3 minutes. Can add some beer if needed for moisture.
- Serve brats, onions, peppers on rolls with mustard.
We really liked these! I used St. Pauli Girl German beer as well. After simmering the Brats, we grilled them on the Weber...we just LOVE that grill taste. Used some red and yellow peppers cuz that is what I had on hand. We had them on Sourdough French Rolls (they don't fall apart as much as hot dog buns) added some spicy mustard and we had ourselves a real treat! Thanks for posting Vicki. Made for ZWT6.
Mmmm...great brats! So easy and quick to make. I only used 12 oz of beer and that worked great. Thanks for posting the recipe!
Really good recipe. I used some fresh brats we got from the locker and they were delicious. I loved the boiling in beer. Thanks for sharing.