Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Beer Brats perfect for tailgating
- 10 bratwursts
- 24 -30 ounces beer (Bud Light works well)
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hot dog buns
- 10 ounces mustard (optional)
- Pour the beer into the large pot and turn on medium/high heat (7/10).
- Dice the onion and put into the beer.
- Bring beer to a boil, then put the bratwurst into the pot making sure each is submerged.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove bratwurst from the beer, reduce heat to low and continue to cook beer and onion.
- Cook the bratwurst in the skillet or on the grill for 5-10 minutes, until gray all the way through and browned on both sides.
- Once all the bratwurst are cooked fully put them back into the beer mixture for about 2 minutes, then serve hot.