Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this one from a good friend from MI. It's a favorite football food in our house ever since!
- 6 bratwursts
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce (I like sweet baby rays)
- 1 sweet onion
- 12 ounces beer
- 6 hoagie rolls
- cut onion to about 1/4 inch strip (or preferred size).
- add bbq sauce and beer to large pot, mix well.
- add onion strips and brats
- bring to a boil and then turn down heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes
- lastly we throw these on the grill just long enough to get a nice set of grill marks (adds a little crunch).
- at this time my husband would toast his roll, although I prefer mine soft
- place brat with onions in hoagie roll and enjoy.