Recipe by Judikins
This delicious recipe came from the National Pasta Assoc's Top 10 favorites. I think it's a real winner.
Top Review by Kevin M.
Good Idea. Turned out pretty good. Substituted whole grain angel hair pasta for the rigatoni (that wasn't rigatoni in the photo of the recipe, but was the first ingredient)? Used chicken brats and horseradish cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 15 ounces fresh bratwursts
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 sweet red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to your liking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix red pepper, onion and garlic with 1 tablespoons olive oil in 9x13" baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables roast, remove casing from bratwurst, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat until they are no longer pink and well brown.
- Remove bratwurst and drain on paper towel.
- Pour fat from skillet.
- Add bratwurst and beer to skillet and simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven, immediately add bratwurst from skillet; add basil, red pepper flakes, pasta, 1 cup of cheese and toss to mix thoroughly. If mixture seems too dry, add some of the pasta water to moisten.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.