Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Recipe by The Clever Cleaver Brothers, shared on the Cholula website.
- 1 lb bratwurst
- 1⁄2 red pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 medium Spanish onion, 1/2 inch diced
- 2 teaspoons cholula hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper (puree chipotle pepper from a can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 8 ounces beer
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Remove the brats from the casings and crumble into 2" pieces.
- Heat a 2-quart stockpot over medium heat, Sauté brat crumbles until brown and cooked. Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except green onions and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer and cook for 1 hour. Fold in green onions and enjoy!