Recipe by Sooz Cooks
This is an easy way to make this delicious dish. We love it on a cold winter evening or anytime really! We eat this on hot dog buns with spicy mustard, jalapenos, onions and spicy pickles. YUMMY! I also serve these with buttered garlicy potatoes on the side.
- 2 lbs kielbasa, about 12 sausages
- 6 ounces beer (Belgium style ale, or dark beer)
- 2 lbs fresh sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper (or more to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté kielbasa in a large frying pan or dutch oven until slightly browned (you can also grill the kielbasa for about 4 minutes on each side then add them to the pan and proceed with directions for even better flavor).
- Add beer, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove lid and place kraut over kielbasa. Sprinkle pepper over the kraut and just give the kraut a toss leaving it on top of the kielbasa. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove lid and stir the kraut and kielbasa together well. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.