Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a private chef in Boston. Her name is Christine Todaro. It was published in a local Boston paper. I have tried it, and it is to die for. Hope you enjoy it.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy roasting pan with 3 Tbsps. olive oil over medium high heat.
- Brown the beef on all on all sides to seal in juices.
- Transfer seared ribs to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoons Olive oil to the pan, lower heat to medium.
- Add carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Saute 7-10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add beer, tomatoes and mustard.
- Increase heat to high, then nestle the ribs in the sauce.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil, bake 3-4 hours.
- Remove from oven, skim off top layer of grease.
- Serve with noodles, rice, and some nice crusty bread.
Very, very tasty. I forgot to add the mustard, but it didn't seem to detract from the dish at all. I used 1 medium onion, 3 medium carrots, and 3 ribs of celery, 1/2 Lb of each seems too much. FYI, 2 1/2 Cups beer is 2 cans or bottles. Do not use a beer short on flavor, use a good medium to dark beer, and it will impart some great flavor to the meat and sauce!