1/4 Photos of Beer-Braised Rabbit (Or Chicken) for the Crock Pot
4 hrs 15 mins
Tasty, tangy recipe for rabbit or chicken. Hey, it all tastes like chicken, right?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/2 lbs dressed rabbit or 2 -2 1/2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled and bias-cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish) (optional)
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- 1In a crock-pot, place potatoes, carrots and onion.
- 2Season meat with salt and pepper; brown in oil on all sides and place in crock pot on top of vegetables.
- 3Combine beer, chili sauce,, brown sugar, and garlic; pour over meat.
- 4Cover and cook on high heat setting for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
- 5Remove meat and drain vegetables.
- 6Measure cooking liquid and add beer, water, or broth to make 1 1/2 cups.
- 7Put reserved cooking liquid in a saucepan, and return meat and vegetables to the crock pot.
- 8Mix 1/3 cup water with 3 tbs flour in a gravy shaker or jar and shake until smooth.
- 9Stir into reserved liquid; cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 10Serve sauce over meat and vegetables, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley if desired.
- 11Note: This can be baked in an oven-proof casserole rather than a crock-pot.
- 12Bake at 350°F for approx 1 1/2 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-Braised Rabbit (Or Chicken) for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 658.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 50.7 g