Tasty, tangy recipe for rabbit or chicken. Hey, it all tastes like chicken, right?
Make and share this Beer-Braised Rabbit (Or Chicken) for the Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs dressed rabbit or 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled and bias-cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish) (optional)
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- In a crock-pot, place potatoes, carrots and onion.
- Season meat with salt and pepper; brown in oil on all sides and place in crock pot on top of vegetables.
- Combine beer, chili sauce,, brown sugar, and garlic; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
- Remove meat and drain vegetables.
- Measure cooking liquid and add beer, water, or broth to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Put reserved cooking liquid in a saucepan, and return meat and vegetables to the crock pot.
- Mix 1/3 cup water with 3 tbs flour in a gravy shaker or jar and shake until smooth.
- Stir into reserved liquid; cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve sauce over meat and vegetables, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Note: This can be baked in an oven-proof casserole rather than a crock-pot.
- Bake at 350°F for approx 1 1/2 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.