Recipe by mydesigirl
I made these for my family and they scarfed 'em down! Next time I'm going to try them with ground turkey so I can have some too.
Top Review by 16Paws
Made this yesterday entirely in the crockpot. Mixed the meatballs, formed them and place in the crockpot. Then I mixed the sauce together, poured over the meatballs and cooked on low for 7 hours. OMG, these are good! The meatballs were melt in your mouth tender. Served over rice with a salad for a DH approved meal. Like other posters, next time I will double the meat as it does make a lot of sauce. Will definitely do in the crockpot again, so easy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces light-colored beer, such as lager
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line broiler pan with foil and spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl and shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on broiling rack and bake for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Combine all sauce ingredients together in a large Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes,stirring occasionally.