1/2 Photos of Beer-Braised Bratwursts With Onion
Queen Dana's Note:
I found this recipe at http://www.chow.com/recipes/14145-beer-braised-bratwursts-with-onion I made these for a small summer cookout last year and they were a big hit, especially among beer lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place mustard seeds and caraway seeds in a small resealable plastic bag and crush with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2Melt butter in a Dutch oven or a large, heavy-bottomed pot with a tightfitting lid over medium heat. When the foaming subsides, add 6 of the bratwursts and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining bratwursts.
- 3Reduce heat to low, add crushed seed mixture and onions, and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions have softened and are beginning to brown, about 30 minutes. Add reserved bratwursts and any accumulated juices, nestling the brats in the onions. Pour in beer and braise bratwursts, turning once, until they are completely cooked through, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Toast hoagie rolls and spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard on each. Place a bratwurst in each bun and cover with onions.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-Braised Bratwursts With Onion
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.8
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 2059.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: