Beer Braised Bratwurst With Sauerkraut
- In a saucepan, simmer bratwurst in beer and chicken broth for about 10 minutes; reserve both liquid and sausages, separately.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 6 minutes; transfer bacon pieces to a plate.
- Add onions to bacon drippings and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved liquid from bratwurst and cook, over medium high heat, until mostly evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut, carrots, bacon, and bratwurst, cover and heat through; stir in apples and serve.