Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Want a great Oktoberfest recipe? Look no further.
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 bratwursts
- 5 bacon, slices chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 lb sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- In a saucepan, simmer bratwurst in beer and chicken broth for about 10 minutes; reserve both liquid and sausages, separately.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 6 minutes; transfer bacon pieces to a plate.
- Add onions to bacon drippings and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved liquid from bratwurst and cook, over medium high heat, until mostly evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut, carrots, bacon, and bratwurst, cover and heat through; stir in apples and serve.
Greatly enjoyed by my DH and DS. Tasty version of a favorite. Made for PRMR.
Delicious! We actually ate this on hoagie rolls with some spicy mustard. Enjoyed by all! Made for ZWT 6.
Yummy! I really enjoyed this dish. It was simple to prepare and delicious to eat. I served some German mustard on the side for the bratwurst which was really good too. Thanks Ice Cool Kitty for sharing this great recipe. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.