Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Make and share this Beer-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 2267.96 g beef short ribs
- 396.89 g can beef broth
- 340.19 g can dark beer
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 4.92 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- Place ribs in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add broth, beer, onion, molasses, vinegar, thyme, hot pepper sauce and salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 11 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-1/2 to 6 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer ribs to platter; cover to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.