Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
- 5 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can dark beer
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place ribs in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add broth, beer, onion, molasses, vinegar, thyme, hot pepper sauce and salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 11 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-1/2 to 6 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer ribs to platter; cover to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.