- 3 lbs boneless beef cubes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, undrained
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut stew beef cubes into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Place cubes in bottom of crock pot.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over beef.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 - 5 hours.
- Before serving, you can thicken broth with some flour and water. Turn crock pot to high and stir in flour mixture.
- Serve over cooked egg noodle pasta.
- Note: I like to use Negro Modelo which is a dark Mexican beer for this recipe. The dark beer is really nice to cook with.