Don't worry about using beer when cooking. The alcohol burns off and you are left with flavor. It also tenderizes the meat.
- Cut stew beef cubes into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Place cubes in bottom of crock pot.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over beef.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 - 5 hours.
- Before serving, you can thicken broth with some flour and water. Turn crock pot to high and stir in flour mixture.
- Serve over cooked egg noodle pasta.
- Note: I like to use Negro Modelo which is a dark Mexican beer for this recipe. The dark beer is really nice to cook with.