Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 lbs unshelled large raw shrimp (deheaded)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- In a large pot, bring beer to a boil with seasoning.
- Stir in shrimp and cover.
- Return to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and leave shrimp in hot beer for a few more minutes (at least 3 minutes).
- Drain shrimp and serve immediately.
- Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.
The absolute best way to boil shrimp...my 3rd time making it and love, love, love it...perfect shrimp everytime...thanks for a great recipe
I love this recipe! I made it twice while our family and another family were sharing a house at the beach for a week. I was concerned about the shrimp sitting in the hot liquid (that they would get tough) but it worked out great! I added a little more old bay then called for but it was great!
This recipe makes great shrimp cocktails! I will use this from now on. Thank you for sharing! --Marla, AZ