Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A good neighbor gave me this recipe and I was surprised that I really enjoyed it because I don't like the taste of beer.
- 3 -4 lbs cooked ham
- cold water
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Put the ham in a dutch oven and add cold water to cover.
- Pour in the beer.
- Mix together sugar,vinegar and mustard and add to the beer broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2-2hours or until tender.
- Discard broth and let ham sit until cool enough to slice.