- 5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sifted flour,sugar,baking powder and salt in a large bowl,blend well.
- Pour in the sour cream and beer and mix thoroughly but do not beat.
- Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish or similar size pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove and brush top with 1 tbsp margarine.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer or until browned.