Joe Bob Mac's Note:
When the cool winds of autumn/winter begin to blow, this stew will add a warmth, and wonderful bouquet to Your kitchen and home.I serve homemade biscuits to accompany this hearty, delicious, stew. Works well in a crockpot also. You will not be dissappointed with this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground is best)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (any)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 potatoes (peeled, cooked, and quartered)
- 1 lb baby carrots, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, cooked
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dried thyme
- 1Mix flour,garlic salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Coat stew meat in bowl of flour mixture, tossing to coat, set aside.
- 3Heat 1/4 oil in a 6 quart stockpot or roasting pan.
- 4Saute onion in that pan 8-10 minutes.
- 5Remove onion from pan, set aside.
- 6Add remaining 1/4 cup oil to the same pan.
- 7Add beef chunks, browning on all sides.
- 8Return onion to pan.
- 9Add beer,soy sauce,steak sauce,worcestershire sauce,and thyme.
- 10Add potatoes,peas, carrots, and parsley.
- 11Simmer, covered, for 60 minutes,or until meat is tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.1
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 157.3 mg
- Sodium 412.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 48.6 g