Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like onion rings but with more options!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup beer or 3⁄4 cup pale ale or 3⁄4 cup lager beer
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch slices. Cut ends of asparagus off. Place in shallow dish and coat with buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, beer, flour, cornmeal, salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- Heat oil in deep skillet to 350°. Dip asparagus spears and zucchini slices one-by-one into the batter and place in hot oil. Fry for 1-3 minutes. Fry in batches and do not overcrowd skillet. black pepper.
- After frying, place on paper towels. When all are finished, serve immediately with a side of aioli and ranch dressing.