Recipe by Barb G.
Fast and easy, lovers of fish & chips get the taste without the calories in this recipe. Seasoned whole-wheat flour improves the flavor. This recipe is very good served with my recipe for Easy Mango Salsa. The recipe courtesy eatingwell.com.
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine whole-wheat flour, flour, cumin,salt and cayenne in a medium bowl; whisk in beer to create a batter.
- Coat half the tilapia pieces in batter; heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; Letting excess batter drip back in bowl.
- Add fish to the skillet; cook until crispy and golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side; transfer to plate and loosely cover with foil.
- Coat the remaining fish with batter and cook in the remaining 2 teaspoons oil adjust heat as necessary for browning; serve immediately.