Recipe by carolinajewel
Tweaked from a recipe found on Southern Accents website which came from Denise Gee's book "Southern Cocktails: Dixie Drinks, Party Potions & Classic Libations" Time does not include chilling the Remoulade
- 1 lb string bean, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup beer (not dark)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Remoulade Dip Ingredients
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together beer, salt, lime juice, flour, garlic powder and cayenne pepper until smooth and foamy.
- Dredge trimmed beans in batter to coat.
- Heat oil in deep skillet to 375 degrees.
- Working in batches of about 10 beans each, carefully lower into the oil and cook for about 1 minute. Transfer to rack to drain and cool. Reapeat until all beans are fried.
- Make Remoulade Dip ahead of time by mixing all ingredients and chilling, covered for at least one hour.
- Serve as follows: In a clear tumbler, place a few tablespoons of Remoulade dip and arrange fried beans standing vertically in the tumbler. Garnish with lime wedges.