Tweaked from a recipe found on Southern Accents website which came from Denise Gee's book "Southern Cocktails: Dixie Drinks, Party Potions & Classic Libations" Time does not include chilling the Remoulade
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb string bean, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup beer (not dark)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Remoulade Dip Ingredients
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1Whisk together beer, salt, lime juice, flour, garlic powder and cayenne pepper until smooth and foamy.
- 2Dredge trimmed beans in batter to coat.
- 3Heat oil in deep skillet to 375 degrees.
- 4Working in batches of about 10 beans each, carefully lower into the oil and cook for about 1 minute. Transfer to rack to drain and cool. Reapeat until all beans are fried.
- 5Make Remoulade Dip ahead of time by mixing all ingredients and chilling, covered for at least one hour.
- 6Serve as follows: In a clear tumbler, place a few tablespoons of Remoulade dip and arrange fried beans standing vertically in the tumbler. Garnish with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-Battered String/Green Beans With Remoulade Dip
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1295.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g