Crispy beer-battered shrimp with a spicy peach dipping sauce. Great appetizer for watching a sporting event from home with friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup beer
- 3/4 lb frozen uncooked deveined jumbo shrimp
- 3/4 cup progresso plain panko crispy breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Combine peach preserves, garlic, dijon mustard, soy sauce, orange juice, and crushed red pepper together in a small bowl.
- 2Thaw shrimp under cool running water in a colander, rotating frequently.
- 3Meanwhile, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- 4In another small bowl, slowly whisk egg and beer together.
- 5Mix dry batter ingredients into wet ingredients until smooth.
- 6Heat 1/3 inch peanut oil in large, deep skillet.
- 7Dip thawed and dried shrimp into batter, then into Panko crumbs (optional), then place into oil.
- 8After several minutes, flip the shrimp. Fry until golden-brown on both sides.
- 9Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- 10Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Shrimp With Spicy Peach Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.7
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 738.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g