Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe,another from my moms collections.Hopefully,it will be just what you are looking for! 8)
- Heat oven to 400.
- After washing potoes,rub them with oil.
- Bake them for 1 hour,or until done.
- Beating well,combine the next 5 ingredients.
- Stir the beer in.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise to4 wedges.
- Dip each wedge into the batter,and fry in deep fat.
- Fry until golden in color.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels.
I'm sorry I couldn't rate this recipe higher but it just didn't work for me. The batter had very little flavor, even though I used a very strong flavored beer, added more salt than called for, and threw in some cajun seasoning. The wedges were soggy and did not crisp up even though they turned brown. The recipe also wasn't clear as to whether to cool the potatoes before battering and frying so maybe that affected the outcome. Sorry, but I just didn't care for this recipe.