1/2 Photos of Beer-battered Onion Rings W.cajun Dipping Sauce
This recipe is posted by request, but I've got to try this soon - DH loves onion rings. From a Bisquick cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings (Vidalia)
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick baking mix, divided use
- 1 cup beer (darker beer will make it more flavorful)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 1Heat VEGETABLE OIL in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 375*; oil should be about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- 2Prepare Cajun Dipping Sauce by stirring until all ingredients are blended; set aside.
- 3Toss onion rings and 1/4 cup Bisquick.
- 4Stir remaining 2 cups Bisquick, beer, salt and eggs until smooth.
- 5(If batter seems too thick, add more beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency).
- 6Dip onion rings, a few at a time, into batter.
- 7Fry about 2 minutes, turning each ring after 1 minute, until golden brown; drain well.
- 8Serve hot with Cajun Dipping Sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-battered Onion Rings W.cajun Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 1450.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g